Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fresh Cut

This is my favorite part of quilting! I'm so excited when the actual quilting is finished (especially on this one ~ since this is the largest one I've quilted myself) and you can begin to see the finished product.   For the quilting I did basic stippling on the inside white portion & tried small stripes on the outer border that remind me of a pair of brown & pink pinstripe pants I have.  I like the end result, but it was very time consuming!  I'm looking forward to getting the binding finished because this quilt is the center piece of my bedroom re-decorating project.  
Up next --> red & aqua or lime, brown, hot pink? I love interesting color combination's & either would brighten up my spare room.  I'm designing this pattern myself (something I intend to do a lot more of in the near future) & am really excited to get started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment